New Mexico Racquetballâ€™s mission is to promote and support educational and recreational pursuits of racquetball for the widest cross-section of the population. To provide a clearinghouse of information and to network with other organizations to enhance one’s quality of life.
History of New Mexico Racquetball
- Established in 1977
- Founders â€“ Gary Mazaroff, Rick Wright and Clayton Childs
- 1983 â€“ Officially became a 501c3 organization (non-profit) under the IRS code â€“ from the work of Ralph Waddington and Carolyn Kirtley whom established our by-laws and articles of incorporation.
- NM Racquetball maintains a board of directors with an executive committee â€“ including; President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary
- Others are members at large (up to 12 more). Holds monthly meetings and annual elections.
- One of the strongest state affiliates under its National Governing Body â€“ USA Racquetball.
- Hosts between 16-20 competitive events annually across the state of New Mexico, West Texas, and Southern Colorado.
- 2012 â€“ Celebrated its 35th Anniversary in Santa Fe
- Some of its board members have been connected for five decades
- Over 50 board members have served in NM Racquetballâ€™s constituency in 37 years
- Offers an intercollegiate scholarship to worthy recipients in memory of Dr. Damian Jelso
- Two Presidents during its tenure â€“ Gary Mazaroff and Ralph Waddington